HOBART 17 February 2012. The expansion of Wilson Homes to Burnie is a sign of further confidence in the North West economy, the Premier, Lara Giddings, said today.
Ms Giddings officially opened Wilson Homes’ new office in Burnie, which will provide employment opportunities and housing options for families across the region.
The Tasmanian family-owned company was established in southern Tasmania in 1989 and employs over 29 full-time staff and engages over 350 various subcontractors.
Ms Giddings said Wilson Homes’ decision to invest in Burnie was a sign of confidence of the region’s growth prospects into the future.
“This is a difficult time for the construction industry in Tasmania, and Wilson Homes’ investment in the North-West is both a welcome sign of confidence in the region and a much-needed boost– with the company expected to engage 150 local contractors,” she said.
“Wilson Homes is currently in the top 70 builders in Australia and attributes its success to continually exploring opportunities to develop into evolving markets.
“The company also focuses on expanding into areas that have the potential to house families that may not otherwise be able to enter home ownership without their affordable housing range.”
Ms Giddings said Wilson Homes’ decision to expand also came at an opportune time, given it had been awarded a contract to build a seven unit affordable accommodation development in Wynyard.
“This will support the local building industry, while ensuring more affordable accommodation is available in the region,” she said.
“Wilson Homes has also been greatly involved in the HomeShare scheme, which is a Government initiative helping low and moderate income Tasmanians to buy their own homes.”
More Koto Building News
- Building confidence In North West Tasmania
- Four city lots set to transform South Hedland
- Territorians taking advantage of strong housing market
- How to build an investment duplex in a few days with Koto Building Systems
- Latest figures show the Building Boost is putting Queensland out in front of nation
- Collie endorses residential plan for public comment
- 33,000 new homes on the Sydney fringe
- More Housing Choice For Tenants
- More red tape to residential housing approvals
- More housing options to fuel the Territory’s Growth
- Queensland a world centre of engineering excellence
- Territory Economy Surges into Second Place
- Australian Koto building material supplier offers free use of house plans to builders and owner builders.
- Building Boost
- Beginners Guide to property investment
- Australian building costs come down with fast Koto building system
- Building material supplier to inform builders on the benefits of Koto Corp systems in building.
- Support for owners builders in Australia with Koto Corp building systems from KotoSales.com
- Is it possible to build a rental home that makes a profit.
- Fast lightweight environmentally friendly building material system on sale for Australian real estate industry.
- Tasmanian State Architect
- Liberals well behind on planning reform
- Builder’s Northam move a catalyst for growth
We can be contacted on 0498 136 869 or 02 6674 4180 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org